Monday 15 April 2013

Steampunk type clock

I love this clock I made about 3 weeks ago. It was a twiddlybitz clock base I took a craft knife to and removed some of the "girly swirly bits". I then sprayed the clock base with matt black acrylic spray. The cogs in the middle of the face I then accentuated with rub and buff. The background of the clock is an Kaisercraft paper from a retired collection I had been saving in my stash for approx 2-3 years! I then sanded the clock hands to make them look a little more weathered. To decorate I cut some cogs out of chipboard using my Sizzix Bigshot and the Tim Holtz Alterations cog die. I painted these cogs with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, Viva Inka Gold and Viva Ferro paints to give a range of textures. For further decoration I added globes, toy car wheels (I added rub n buff to the tyres), bolts and nuts. I also used a Maya Road Vintage spool and put some jewellery gauge wire round it to look like wire you would use on a car. I love the fact this clock is at the far edges of scrapbooking and very unusual. My husband took my clock into the workshop (hes a mechanic) to show the boys. I love the fact that his mates all really liked the clock.

1 comment: